While it was no easy feat, Kelly Roach has worked long and hard to find success at a level she never expected. The Founder and CEO of Kelly Roach International, an 8-figure consulting company with more than 20 full-time employees, Kelly has maintained her perpetual excitement to guide trailblazing entrepreneurs to the next level in their businesses and lives: disrupting industries, creating freedom, fulfillment, and financial abundance. Her internal drive and laser focus on business and personal growth have helped her to stay true to herself and her vision while achieving her wildest dreams. But her path to success as an entrepreneur wasn’t an easy one, nor was it a straight line to where she is now.
From a young age, Kelly Roach learned the value of hard work and discipline. In exchange for dance lessons at one of the best schools in the Tri-State area in middle school, Kelly cleaned her studio, risking judgment and ridicule to better herself and create opportunities for her future. That led to her becoming the youngest NFL cheerleader on her team in college: where she learned the value of choosing courage over comfort, staying disciplined, and developing confidence and mental toughness.
Throughout her youth and into her college years, Kelly Roach worked multiple jobs, always putting her all into everything she attempted. From waitressing, to babysitting, to being the gatekeeper at the pool: Kelly worked for everything that she earned.
Upon graduating from West Chester University, Kelly Roach took an entry-level position at a Fortune 500 staffing firm. She received seven promotions in eight years, becoming the youngest Senior Vice President at the firm before turning 30. But she realized that working for someone else in corporate America was not the path for her; she knew that she could earn more and help more people by starting her own business.
Upon starting her side hustle, she continued working her full-time job: working on her own business before and after work, and taking calls from her car during lunch breaks. She immersed herself in as much business development, personal growth, coaching, and all other facets of starting and operating her own business in order to become successful, immediately hiring a coach, getting help by bringing on team members, and investing in advertising. Kelly stayed at her full-time job until her startup reached 7-figures so that she could revinest in her team, technology, and advertising.
Living below her means meant being able to reinvest every dollar back into her business, allowing her to scale up at an incredibly fast rate. For more than 15 years, Kelly started her days at 5 am and worked tirelessly at two jobs. Now that she has reached the 8-figure mark, with a reliable team, systems, and infrastructure in place, she is finally able to write her schedule around time with her family.
With a focus on mental and physical health, as well as giving herself time and space to think and stay creative, Kelly Roach shies away from “busy” work that doesn’t result in profits. She pushes for the same from her team, encouraging time outside, time spent moving, and time for breaks while remaining focused on the top objectives that will move the needle toward results.
As a passionate entrepreneur who works with other entrepreneurs, Kelly has tons of advice for those looking to start their own company:
- Train for your business like an athlete trains for their sport.
- Take total ownership over where you are and the outcomes you want to achieve.
- Commit to mastering the fundamentals and building muscle memory until you can execute over and over again with ease.
- Keep running the reps even when no one is there to clap for you.
- Discipline and resilience are EVERYTHING. You have to do what you need to do, even when you don’t want to. And you have to get up, learn and improve when you fail.
- Continue chasing never-ending improvement.
- Get 1% better every day. Instead of constantly striving for perfection, focus on incremental steps forward.
- No instant gratification decisions – make every single decision with the future in mind (even if it means sacrificing now so you can enjoy the rewards down the line).
- Get coaching or mentorship from someone who has accomplished what you want to accomplish and can give you the roadmap, and surround yourself with like-minded people in the process.
Kelly Roach Coaching encourages all aspiring entrepreneurs to go for it – stop waiting and just get started. Everything doesn’t have to happen overnight; with some patience, you can learn and grow over time. Remember that freedom and financial abundance are waiting for you at the other end!