Myrtle Beach is one of the most popular retirement destinations in the United States. More than a million people retire in Myrtle Beach each year. Why do retirees love it there so much? Let’s take a look at some of the reasons.
First and foremost, MB offers a wide array of activities and attractions perfect for retirees. There are dozens of golf courses, miles of beaches, and plenty of shopping and dining options. It is also home to some of the best weather in the country – it’s warm all year round and rarely rains.
So let’s start with tops six reasons baby movers are moving here:
- Myrtle Beach offers a wide variety of activities and attractions perfect for retirees. Some of them include :
Golf courses: Myrtle Beach has a wide array of top-rated golf courses, including The Legends Golf Course, designed by Arnold Palmer.
Beaches: The beach is home to dozens of resorts and luxury hotels that attract tourists from all over the world. In fact, one of the most popular activities in Myrtle Beach is relaxing at the beach – it’s rare for a day to go by without seeing people lounging on the sand or enjoying themselves on boats and jet skis off the coast.
Shopping and dining options: With more than 100 shopping centers along its 40 miles of coastline, there are plenty of places to shop for everything you need. And when it comes time for dinner? MB has more than 3,000 restaurants.
- It offers perfect weather all year round. In July, the average high temperature is 87 degrees, with an average low of 69 degrees. With only half the rainfall can be found along the Grand Strand compared to other parts of South Carolina, it’s easy to see why so many retirees flock here for the sun and fun!
It hardly ever rains in Myrtle Beach? People come for sun and fun, but it hardly ever rains there?! If this were true, I would never leave home! It is also why people move to Florida, where sunny skies are almost guaranteed any day of the year…
- Taxes are low. There’s no state income tax in South Carolina, a huge incentive for retirees looking to stretch their retirement dollars.
This is the main reason why people move to Myrtle Beach. Retirees are familiar with Florida, which has no state tax, but South Carolina is also a draw due to its lack of income tax.
- Myrtle Beach is a safe place to retire. It’sbeen cited by AARP as one of the best places to retire in America because of its low crime rate and a high number of doctors per capita.
- The Grand Strand is easy for retirees to get around. Between taxi cabs, shuttles that shuttle people to area attractions, and the free trolley service that runs along Ocean Boulevard between 8th Ave North and 29th Ave North, there are plenty of transportation options to help get you where you need to go without having to drive yourself or hire someone else to drive you.
The transportation system is excellent for those who don’t want to worry about the hassles of owning or renting a car!
- You can live large on a retired income. Retirees are known for living frugally, but here’s something that might surprise you: The median home price is just $200,00, which means that more than half of the homes sold each year are under that number. Plus, that low home price means property taxes are also highly affordable, with an average effective tax rate of just 0.66%. And speaking of affordability, have you considered how much it costs to go out to dinner in Myrtle Beach? The average price for a two-person meal is just $41.86 – lower than Miami or Orlando and way below the national average of $53.
One of the things I love about living in the Grand Strand area is that 1/2 of all homes sold are still cheap. That’s excellent value to anyone looking to retire! And while it might cost more for a two-person meal than Miami or Orlando, it doesn’t mean your retirement income can’t afford to feed you dinner twice a day…after all, this is why we have 1/2 priced lunch menus from 11. Am – 4 pm daily!
Retirees who move to Myrtle Beach are likely to enjoy themselves, coast to coast.
With the Grand Strand having so many excellent amenities, anyone looking to retire would be crazy not to consider this area for their retirement! Beaches, fishing, golfing, shopping, and dining…it’s all here at our fingertips any time we want it.
Retirees continue to move to Myrtle Beach in record numbers. In addition to the reasons already mentioned, baby boomers love Myrtle Beach because it is a great place to live out their golden years. The people are friendly, the cost of living is low, and there is always something to do. So if
Another big reason so many people retire to Myrtle Beach is the cost of living. The cost of living is much lower than in most other major cities, making it a more affordable place to live. In addition, the healthcare and wellness options in MB are top-notch.
Finally, retirees love Myrtle Beach for its friendly and welcoming community. The people are known for being warm and welcoming, and there are plenty of social activities available for retirees. Whether you’re looking for a place to retire permanently or just for a winter getaway, Myrtle Beach is worth considering. Give it a try – you won’t be disappointed! Enjoy the sun and the fun and easy living of Myrtle Beach. So there you have it – three great reasons why baby boomers are moving to Myrtle Beach in droves. If you’re looking for a place to retire, be sure to add Myrtle Beach to your list!