Blast Auxiliary is a multi-purpose desktop portable AC that can be used as an alternative to a traditional air conditioner. With summers approaching and looking dryer than ever, it would be nice to have a cooling solution that does not cost an arm and leg. With the planet getting warmer every year, it would also be better to avoid using electronic appliances that could further harm the environment. The Blast Auxiliary Classic AC seems like the perfect solution to all the problems mentioned above. How cool can Blast Auxiliary get? How much does it cost? Should it be added to the summer wish list? Here’s everything you need to know about it in this Blast Auxiliary Classic AC Review.
Is There A Need for A Portable Air Conditioner?
Portable air conditioners are becoming more and more popular these days and with the convenience they have to offer, it’s clear to see why. While many people may be content with their traditional, bulky air conditioners, portable air conditioners such as Blast Auxiliary do have their benefits. While traditional air conditioners offer great cooling, they can significantly increase the electricity bill as well. Even modern air conditioners that are so-called “energy-efficient” can bring a hefty addition to the monthly bill; they’re only “efficient” relative to the older generation of air conditioners.
The biggest drawback of a traditional air conditioner apart from high installation, maintenance, and operational costs is that once installed, they’re fixed in one place. To get the cooling benefits of that AC, one must be in the room the AC is installed in, and that’s it. This is the biggest advantage a portable air conditioning system has over the former. One can take a portable AC such as Blast Auxiliary to a different room, to their workplace, or anywhere they want as they are light, easy-to-install, and are energy-efficient.
Moreover, the greater energy efficiencies that portable ACs bring to the table also come with a better environmental footprint. While high power-consuming air conditioners ramp up the electricity bill and contribute towards climate change, portable ACs are often power-efficient and are environmentally friendly. This does not mean that traditional air conditioners should be gotten rid of altogether, but portable ACs also make a strong case for themselves.
At the end of the day, it also comes down to preferences and needs of people. If someone lives alone, and wants a bit more freedom, then a portable AC should be their number one choice. However, if someone lives in a place where they need to accommodate more people and have lots of space, then nothing beats a traditional air conditioner.
However, it can’t be denied that a portable air conditioner can have its uses. It’s a common misconception that portable ACs simply don’t have the raw power required to give a comparable performance to traditional air conditioner. However, technology has evolved rapidly over the years, and there are a lot of good ones out there now such as Blast Auxiliary that can give traditional ACs a run for their money. Many portable ACs are multi-purpose as well so one can use them for many different things such as humidifying the air, providing cool air on a hot day, and even purifying the air from dust and pathogens.
Therefore, portability aside, desktop air conditioners have tons of benefits for people wanting a similar experience to traditional air conditioners without spending lots of money. Most portable air conditioners are easy enough to use, offer great performance, are multi-purpose, and are also rechargeable which make them a great purchase for many people, especially those on the move. Therefore, to answer the question of whether there is a need for portable air conditioners: yes, there is. Life is very fast-paced these days and the climate isn’t getting any cooler, so portable ACs such as Blast Auxiliary provide a great alternative to traditional ACs and we can expect to see them become more common in the coming years.
How Does Blast Auxiliary Work?
The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC works by using the latest evaporative technology to produce a cooling effect. The evaporative technology is combined with thermoelectric cooling, a process where heat is moved from one end to the other which keeps one end cool and the other end warm. The evaporative technology helps remove heat, and the electrical conductor inside the AC keeps transferring heat to another end to keep the air coming out of the AC cool. The Blast Auxiliary AC is built using simple scientific principles, but it’s still fascinating, nonetheless.
The evaporative technology means that the AC can take in dry, stuffy air and combine it with the water inside its tank to produce cool, pleasant, and humidified air. Moreover, the technologies used in the Blast Auxiliary AC are highly energy efficient which means that it won’t add much to the monthly electricity bill and that the battery fitted inside the AC will be more than up to the task of providing cooling for a decent amount of time. When the battery dies, the AC can be simply plugged in to its USB cable and still be used whilst charging. One can use the AC plugged in whilst sleeping and then use it at work or anywhere else on battery, the use-cases are endless.
Features of Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC
- Portability: Thanks to a compact and easy to carry design, the Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC is highly portable and can be taken anywhere. It’s not that heavy and comes with a carrying handle that can be used during travel. The AC is also powered by a rechargeable battery so it can be used without a wire as well if one wishes, making it more portable than ever.
- Adjustability: The Blast Auxiliary AC is very lightweight and adjustable. It has three different fan speeds alongside a variable louver for directing airflow. This lets the user personalize their cooling experience for maximum comfort.
- Simple to Use: User-friendliness is a big concern when it comes to modern technology. Fortunately, Blast Auxiliary is very easy to use. There is no re-fill tank to worry about as water can be poured directly into the unit for pleasant, cool, and humidified air. Everything is basically plug and play; just charge the AC up, fill in the water tank, and it’s ready to go.
- Ice Tray: For those extra hot days, the Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC comes with an ice tray which can be loaded up to provide instant cooling. The ice tray also helps in achieving very low temperatures, like traditional air conditioners and helps maintain them for longer periods.
- Water Curtain: Just like the ice tray, the Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC comes with a water curtain that can help cool things down. The water curtain, alongside the AC’s evaporation technology helps replace heat with pleasant, cool air.
- Misting Device: The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC can also double down as a humidifier thanks to its built-in misting device. The cooler already runs on a water tank and comes with a water curtain; the additional misting device helps turn stuffy, dry air into cool and humidified air.
- Multi-Purpose: The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC can be used for many things other than just providing cool air. It can be used as a regular fan, a humidifier, and even as an air purifier thanks to the different filters inside.
- Rechargeability: As mentioned earlier, the AC comes equipped with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that can provide up to 8 hours of usage on a full charge which is essentially a night’s sleep. The Blast Auxiliary AC can also be used whilst plugged in which is great as it provides all its regular cooling benefits and charges the battery for travel or other uses.
- Premium-Quality: Quality, durability, and endurance are must when it comes to air conditioners as they cost a lot and while portable ACs may be inexpensive, the same standards apply to them. The manufacturers of the Blast Auxiliary Desktop PC claim to use the best materials and latest technology for their ACs ensuring that they last their users a long time before they can start thinking about a replacement. Of course, hardware defects are common, but there is nothing to worry about as the manufacturers offer a money-back guarantee for such cases.
- Energy-Efficient: The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC is a USB-powered AC which does not take up a large portion of the electricity bill. Think of the AC has an extra mobile phone or laptop that needs to be charged every now and then. It’s highly energy efficient and is also environmentally friendly which is a win-win for everyone.
- Highly Affordable and Portable AC: The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC can be taken almost anywhere thanks to its highly lightweight and portable design. The AC does not cost much either, so it’s a good potential purchase for anyone wanting to cool off in an affordable way.
- Comes with Multiple Modes: The AC comes with different modes that the user can use based on their preference. If one wants cool air, humidified air, or wants to use their AC like a regular fan, then the Blast Auxiliary AC offers all those features.
- Long-Lasting Battery: For a USB-powered AC, Blast Auxiliary lasts long enough to provide a comfortable night’s sleep. It can also be used whilst plugged in and is the recommended way to use the AC if you’re not travelling.
- Ice-Cold Air: The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC can provide cool air that can rival a traditional air conditioner. The AC achieves this using effective evaporation technology and the included ice tray.
- Easy to Use and Replaceable Parts: The Blast Auxiliary AC is easy to use and comes with a user guide explaining how to use the AC. The water curtain and other things inside it can be replaced after wear and tear as well which makes it easy to maintain.
- Silent and Energy Efficient: The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC does not use a lot of electricity; it only uses a little bit of electricity when it needs to charge. The AC is highly energy-efficient and is not noisy like other ACs.
- Only Available Online: The AC is only available online through its official website. It cannot be bought from elsewhere. That can be slightly inconvenient.
- Limited Supply: The Blast Auxiliary AC is high in demand; it is often out of stock. You will need to be fast to secure a purchase if you are interested.
- Limited Range: If multiple people want to avail the AC’s cooling effects, then one Blast Auxiliary AC will not suffice as it can cater to only one person at a time due to its compact design.
- No Temperature Control: While the AC has normal air and cool modes, it would have been nice to see some form of temperature control to get the air temperature just right according to one’s preferences.
Pricing and Refund Policy
As mentioned above, one of the key reasons as to why one would prefer a portable AC over a traditional one is the overall cost. Operational and electricity costs aside, portable ACs themselves are often far cheaper than traditional ACs. However, the Blast Auxiliary Classic/Desktop AC seems to have taken this a step further as it can be purchased in under $100.
Typically, a good portable air conditioner can cost well over a hundred dollars, so seeing something priced below $100 is interesting. With everything the Blast Auxiliary Classic/Desktop AC has to offer, the $89.99 price tag looks very appealing. However, that’s not the only price the AC is going for as it comes in different bundles which are priced as follows:
- Personal Cool Pack: 1x Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC for $89.99.
- Too Cool Pack: 2x Blast Auxiliary Desktop ACs for $179.98.
- Three’s Company Pack: 3x Blast Auxiliary Desktop ACs for $202.48.
- Mega Cool Pack: 4x Blast Auxiliary Desktop ACs for $247.47.
There’s great value in the three’s company and mega cool pack bundles as the per-AC price comes out to be less than $89.99 in those bundles. Interested people can buy the mega cool pack together and split the cost or buy the pack and save a significant amount of money if they’re looking to get the AC for multiple rooms.
The Blast Auxiliary Desktop AC also comes with a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee. People that buy the AC have a month to decide if it’s for them or not, which is a fair amount of time. If, you don’t think the AC suits your needs, then you can get a full refund thanks to the money-back guarantee.
Portable ACs are becoming more and more common these days, and there are a lot of good ones out there now. The Blast Auxiliary Classic AC is another addition to the ever-growing list of portable ACs, and given its diverse feature set, it has the potential to be one of the top sellers in the market. The Blast Auxiliary Classic/Desktop AC is rechargeable, portable, comes with different fan speeds, offers cool air that can rival a traditional air conditioner, and can even act as a humidifier. The AC offers all these features at an affordable price point making it a great purchase for anyone that wants to escape the summer heat without burning a hole in their wallet. To get started, check out the Blast Auxiliary Classic AC official website.