Did you lose out on your last client just because your proposal was not quite good enough? Have your proposals always lacked that “A” factor needed to win important clients? Creating a compelling social media proposal to win a client can be a challenging task but worry not here’s a quick list to help you understand some of the most important points to include in your social media proposal such that it delivers the right results.
- Understand & Highlight the Current State
Just as they say, the first impression is the last. This is the first and most important step when drafting a social media proposal for your client. This shows you have done your homework by presenting a preliminary analysis of the current social media strategy in place. This helps in providing an opportunity to identify the areas that need attention and setting the tone for the overall social media strategy.
- Understanding Clients’ Goals & Objectives
Have enough discussions with your client to understand his short term, mid-term and long term goals and focus on providing the answers. Make the client realize the need for a proper social media strategy in place. Why it is needed, how it will help and what it will help achieve for the business. Some common examples are –
- Do you want to grow your fan base or build engagement for your posts?
- Do you want to focus on getting likes, shares, and comments or you only wish to interact with your well-wishers on social media, collect reviews, etc.
- Do you actively want to promote deals and coupons or will it be a seasonal marketing strategy?
- Highlight your Processes/Teams/Tools
In the last few years, tons and tons of social media platforms, as well as social media tools, have cropped us leading to a wide option to choose from. But make sure, you highlight only the best, relevant and appropriate ones to your client. For example – If your client is more into the creative area, some of the social media platforms that you can highlight are Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, etc.
- Highlighting the Course of Action
An important aspect of your social media proposal, make sure to emphasize what’s your course of action for the future. You can also take some tips from Step 1 mentioned in this article.
Tie up various social media activities together so that you remain focused on reaching your goal and delivering value to your client. Some of the important social activities that you can highlight here are –
- Content – Content is king, queen, and everything. What is the content you will be writing or curating from other sources? Will it be only text updates or videos or infographics?
- Promotional Activities – How many promotions activities to be run each month? What will be the theme? What hashtags will be used? It matters a lot when you are going to increase your fan base. You can also buy real active Instagram followers with running ad campaigns.
- Reporting & Updates
Every client would want a weekly or a monthly report based on the activities being performed. So make sure to summarize your findings, observations, and conclusion the right way and don’t forget to mention this part in your proposal. When it comes to reporting, we have seen agencies falling apart but this should not be the case.