We bet that you have already heard something about hyaluronic acid fillers and Botox products if you are more or less related to the sphere of aesthetic medicine. The main reason for them to be on everyone’s lips is because they belong to the most popular cosmetic injectables these days.
However, what exactly are hyaluronic acid fillers and Botox products? What are the main similarities between them? And, finally, how far do they differ? Well, let us go through the below-mentioned information to find answers to these questions.
Firstly, let us check out the essential information on hyaluronic acid and dermal fillers that are based on it.
Hyaluronic acid (which is also known as hyaluronan) is a naturally occurring substance that is naturally produced within the human body. Its greatest amount might be found in the skin, eyes, and joints.
The main function of hyaluronic acid is to attract and retain water. Therefore, it is a substance that helps people to keep their body cells well-moisturized and, therefore, prolongs their attractive appearance.
An interesting fact: The amount of hyaluronic acid produced within the body of a person reduces as they age. As a result, their cells gradually get dehydrated.
Details on Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers
Hyaluronic acid is frequently used as the main active component of numerous medical and cosmetic injectables, such as orthopedic solutions, mesotherapy products, or dermal fillers.
Among the main brands of dermal fillers that employ hyaluronic acid are:
- And so on.
An interesting fact: Juvederm fillers are considered to be the most popular hyaluronic-acid-based cosmetic injectables all over the world.
The main aim of dermal fillers that are based on hyaluronic acid is to rejuvenate and enhance the overall appearance of a patient. It is usually achieved with the help of:
- Lip augmentation;
- Wrinkle reduction;
- Facial contouring;
- Definition of cheeks and chin;
- And so on.
As well, hyaluronic-acid-based cosmetic injectables have the power to nurture the skin from within by means of accelerating the natural production of collagen and elastin.
Moreover, hyaluronic acid in the composition of dermal fillers makes them exceptionally safe. Namely, it rarely leads to the appearance of serious complications, such as bleeding.
Still, here is the list of possible side effects a patient might experience after the injection of hyaluronic acid:
- Temporary skin irritation around the area of the treatment (including itching, bruising, and swelling);
- The feeling of pain or discomfort at the injection site;
- And so on.
In most cases, the result of hyaluronic-acid-based dermal filler injection is instantly visible. On average, it lasts for a substantial time period, which equals twelve months.
Botulinum Toxin (Botox)
Now, let us move on and discuss the most important details on botulinum toxin and products that are based on it (primarily Botox).
Botulinum toxin is a protein that is produced by the bacterium of Clostridium botulinum. It is a substance that is dangerous and useful at the same time. On the one hand, it might serve as a cause of potentially fatal disease botulism. On the other hand, however, it is extensively used for a number of medical and aesthetic implications.
The primary function of the substance is to temporarily block signals that connect the patient’s nerves and muscles and, therefore, relax the latter. This quality allows it to be employed in treating a wide range of health complications and skin imperfections.
An interesting fact: The molecules of botulinum toxin break up with time. Thus, they might provide a patient with a durable but nevertheless non-permanent treatment.
Details on Botulinum Toxin Solutions
While being frequently employed in a number of medical and cosmetic treatments, botulinum toxin functions as a main active substance of several products, such as:
- And so on.
Due to the fact that Botox is an absolute leader among all other botulinum toxins, let us primarily concentrate on it. While being a world-known brand, it is usually employed to smooth lines and wrinkles that appear on a patient’s face as a result of the aging process or overactive facial expressions.
An interesting fact: Apart from reducing the appearance of skin imperfections, Botox might also be used to plump lips with the help of a special lip flip treatment.
The injection of Botox belongs to safe but, at the same time, effective procedures. While causing little to no complications, it provides a patient with a natural-looking result that becomes visible within only three days.
Still, some patients claim to experience the following side effects for the first several days after the procedure:
- Flu-like symptoms (including headache);
- Injection site rashes;
- Blurred vision;
- And so on.
Under normal circumstances, the effect of the injected Botox lasts for a time period of six months. So, repeated treatments might be needed in order to prolong the result of the treatment.
Hyaluronic Acid Fillers VS Botox
After going through the information on hyaluronic acid fillers and botulinum toxin products, it is high time to compare and contrast them. So, let us figure out the main similarities and differences between these two cosmetic treatment options.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers and Botox have a number of similar features. Here is the list of the essential ones:
- Both products are widely used in the sphere of aesthetic beauty. Namely, injections of hyaluronic-acid-based fillers and Botox solutions belong to the most popular cosmetic procedures these days;
- Just like hyaluronic acid injectables, Botox is used to rejuvenate and enhance the overall appearance of a patient. When being more precise, they both treat age-related skin imperfections efficiently;
- Both medications are characterized by a high safety. Neither hyaluronic acid dermal filler nor Botox product leads to the undesirable appearance of serious health complications (unless the risk factors are ignored).
Despite all the similarities between hyaluronic-acid-based fillers and Botox solutions that are mentioned above, these products are distinct in many ways. Here is the list of the main differences between them:
- While hyaluronic acid injectables are primarily used to take care of static wrinkles (like nasolabial folds, marionette lines, or neck wrinkles), Botox solutions are mainly administered to reduce dynamic skin depressions (such as crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, or frown lines);
- Hyaluronic acid treatments are much more common than Botox when it comes to the need to plump thin lips, fill hollow cheeks, soften the appearance of scars, change the nose form, or improve the elasticity of a patient’s skin. In other words, they have a little bit wider range of usage indications;
- Unlike a great number of hyaluronic acid solutions (such as most Belotero, Juvederm, or Saypha fillers), no botulinum toxin products contain local anesthetic lidocaine in their composition;
- Due to the fact that they are based on various active substances, hyaluronic acid dermal fillers and Botox have completely different working principles. As its name already suggests, a dermal filler “fills” wrinkles. While Botox, in its turn, temporarily blocks a muscle and, as a result, reduces the facial expression lines;
- The result of a hyaluronic acid filler tends to last a little bit longer than the one of Botox. At the same time, however, it usually costs a little bit more. So, the final price a patient will have to pay for one year of cosmetic injections is roughly the same.
Both hyaluronic acid dermal fillers and botulinum toxin products tend to cost less on the web than at a local pharmacy. For instance, you will have a high chance of saving a substantial amount of money if you buy Juvederm online wholesale.
A Bottom Line
All in all, hyaluronic-acid-based dermal fillers and Botox are cosmetic injectables that might be characterized by high quality, safety, and efficiency. While being both similar and distinct in many aspects, each solution has its own benefits and drawbacks.
No matter whether you try out a hyaluronic acid filler or a Botox product, you will most probably remain happy with it! So, make your choice and prolong your youthful appearance for as long as possible!
Leave a Reply