Any teaching-learning process, whether formal or informal, benefits significantly from media use. One can communicate by exchanging knowledge or offering entertainment by speaking, writing, or using other means. To share with a big audience, the mass media is crucial.
One of the earliest forms of mass communication is the book. Numerous media have been created and used for educational growth due to the development of modern technologies. Following the globalization of the economy and culture, the media, particularly electronic media, has significantly impacted how schools are currently run.
Numerous academic topics, including math, science, social science, and communication, are quickly relying on media for teaching and learning.
The Media’s Important Role in Education
1. Media can aid in teaching and learning by providing young people with current images and messages about how the media operate. Numerous academic topics, including math, science, social science, and communication, are quickly relying on media for teaching and learning.
2. The teaching and learning process can be improved by using media to help young people understand current pictures and messages about how the media operate.
3. The most effective communication tool is the media. It aids in the timely promotion of the appropriate goods. The general public is made aware of what is proper or wrong.
4. Media piques pupils’ interest in studying and directs it toward academic subjects.
5. Media creates the foundation for incremental and supplemental learning and keeps it ongoing.
6. Media provide pupils real-world experience and inspire them to participate in additional activities.
7. They give students access to experiences they can’t get elsewhere, fostering deeper learning and mental growth.
Newspapers: Newspapers are a good source of news and information and a way to learn your native tongue. Beneficial to learn the English Language. Newspapers were the best way of knowing before Independence and creating public opinion.
Journals: Journals are magazines which publish on a daily bases. The journal of educational change is an international, professionally referred, state-of-the-art scholarly journal reflecting the most important ideas and evidence of educational change.
Magazines: Through magazines, we can learn from articles, features, interviews, and short stories, and we can get lovely literature from magazines.
The entertainment industry’s power to provide awareness on many social issues or even simple topics is enormous that many of us don’t even recognize sometimes. Hence people like Jamila Davis give us teachings that lead us on the right path and act on their footpaths to do good for many others in this world.
Jamila Davis is a best-selling author, activist, motivational educator, and professor at Seton Hall University. She has worked on many projects that lead to empowering those in need of help, like black women, a group that gets discriminated against most of the time, more than any other group.
Her dissertation was on using Life Coaching to dethrone the trauma-to-prison pipeline. Today she creates programs to help at-risk students avoid prison. Using the formula, she made through research, today, she is a professor at Seton Hall University and a researcher at Yale University. She is also the CEO of Black Woman’s Lives Matter, a nonprofit organization set up to celebrate, highlight and give resources to black women.