We are living in the age of technological progress and the Internet. It gives us the ability to learn any foreign language we can choose. You can, of course, seek the help of a teacher and tutor in learning, or choose online learning. Learning takes place in writing, without real contact, though you may see each other via Skype, Zoom, or other similar apps.
The teacher simply sends tasks and checks them, helps to tighten weaknesses. As a rule, such methods of training are paid, because the person who will teach you should receive some benefit, salary, and not just waste their time.
But there are also other options to learn foreign languages – mobile applications. They are more self-taught, because everything will depend only on you, and most importantly in this case, perseverance and desire. Some of them are free, but usually you always have to pay for premium features.
- Encore!!! The purpose of this software is to immerse users in the target language while they go about their daily lives. This software allows you to learn your target language anywhere and at any time, whether you’re on the way to work or cleaning the apartment. It includes, among other things, a big library of well selected collections of terminology, sentences, idioms, and useful phrases. What is also good about the app is that you pay only once for learning one language. So even if you do not have time to learn at some period of your life, you can continue when the time comes.
- Lingualeo. This program is designed for various operating systems (smartphone, tablet and computer). There are different types of training that allow you to learn new words, develop reading, listening, spelling. The platform is built with a choice of different forms of learning, including games. Together with the colorful lion symbol, it is easy and fun to learn even for kids. The application is free with paid content.
- Duolingo. The program also works on various devices, and allows you to master the skills in language learning. It is quite a convenient application that allows you to improve grammar, learn new words and phrases, and improve text translations. Simple tasks for a few minutes every day can give a good result.
- Memrise. This app is very popular among iOS users, the reviews are positive and the rating is very high in the ranking of applications. The platform uses cards as a learning tool. It has more than 150 language courses and the opportunity to learn 25 languages. This application offers a new language learning technique that will allow you to learn up to 44 words in one hour with the help of memes.
- Rosetta Stone. This app is a good choice for those who want to increase their personal vocabulary. The program memorizes words with the help of associations. There is an interesting option to determine the quality of the words you pronounce. This is very useful for honing your accent and speaking skills.
- Words. This app is built in such a way that language learning takes place with confidence. That is, if you have not memorized a word, and made a mistake, it will be repeatedly highlighted until it is memorized for sure. In this application you can find about 40,000 words and more than 300 lessons. However, the disadvantage is the fact that the first levels and lessons are free, and then – fees.
In general, there are now a lot of programs for learning foreign languages. But everyone chooses what he likes according to the level of language proficiency. Therefore, to achieve a positive result, you will have to spend a little time to find the right application and program for yourself.