San Francisco is one of the world’s most vibrant and diverse cities, attracting millions of visitors and residents annually. Whether traveling for business, leisure, education, or relocation, you will need a place to stay in the city by the Bay. But how do you choose between different types of accommodation? Which option offers more benefits, convenience, and value for your money?
In this article, we will compare one of the most popular and convenient types of accommodation in San Francisco. We will also provide some examples of websites that offer this service and help you find the best option for your trip or stay.
What are furnished short term rental apartments?
Furnished short term rental apartments are fully equipped homes that are available for rent for a minimum of 30 days. They are usually located in residential buildings or complexes, offering more space, privacy, and comfort than hotels or hostels.
Furnished short term rental apartments come with everything you need for a comfortable stay, such as furniture, appliances, kitchenware, linens, towels, Wi-Fi, cable TV, and utilities. Some amenities include laundry facilities, gyms, pools, or rooftop terraces.
Why choose furnished short term rental apartments in San Francisco?
Furnished short term rental apartments have many advantages over other types of accommodation in San Francisco, especially for longer stays. Here are some of them.
- Affordable option – Furnished short term rental apartments are usually cheaper than hotels or hostels per night, especially if you book directly with the owner or manager. You can also save money on food by cooking your meals in the kitchen. Additionally, you can avoid paying extra fees or taxes that hotels or hostels often charge.
- Plenty of space – Furnished short term rental apartments offer more space and comfort than hotels or hostels. You can enjoy separate living areas, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens. You can feel more at home and relaxed in a cozy and personalized environment.
- Privacy and flexibility – Furnished short term rental apartments give you more privacy and flexibility than hotels or hostels. You can come and go as you please without worrying about disturbing other guests or staff. You can also set your schedule and rules without following hotel or hostel policies or regulations.
- Local experience – Furnished short term rental apartments allow you to experience the local culture and lifestyle more authentically than hotels or hostels. You can live like a local in a residential neighborhood and interact with the community. You can also discover hidden gems and off-the-beaten-path attractions that tourists might miss.
- Quality and consistency – Furnished short term rental apartments usually have higher standards of quality and consistency than hotels or hostels. You can expect cleanliness, safety, comfort, and functionality of the apartment and its equipment. You can also rely on professional staff to assist with issues or requests.
Tips for choosing the right short term rental
Here are some tips to find short term rentals:
Verify the place’s legal status
In several regions that have a significant number of short-term rentals, infractions of the local law that regulates these rentals are now subject to financial penalties. The rules and regulations are held to a significantly higher standard in certain areas.
It is against the law to rent out a whole apartment for less than 30 days in New York. Find out what the regulations are in your community permitting rentals for a shorter period than a year, and before you sign a lease, be sure the property you’re interested in satisfies those requirements.
Prioritize amenities based on importance
Short-term apartment living is different from long-term apartment living. Choose a property that includes utilities, Wi-Fi, cable TV, and all the furnishings, appliances, cookware, linens, and towels you’ll need.
You may also want to look for a place with laundry facilities, gyms, pools, or rooftop terraces.
Contact the listing directly
Once you’ve found a short-term rental that meets your needs and preferences, you can contact the owner or manager directly and get more information about the place.
You can also negotiate the rent price, terms, and conditions with them and ask any questions. You can also book directly with them and avoid paying any commissions or fees to third-party websites or agencies.
Make adjustments to your budget for a short-term rental contract
Some landlords may be unable to afford to charge the same rent for both a short-term and a long-term tenant. Hotels and hostels may also tack on various taxes and fees.
There may also be a required security deposit or a minimum number of nights. Make sure you can afford these costs by researching your alternatives online.
Short term rentals can be a great option for accommodation if you are looking for a temporary or flexible living situation. They can offer more benefits than hotels or hostels, such as cost-effectiveness, space and comfort, privacy and flexibility, local experience, quality, and consistency.