Dieting is a common practice for weight loss which millions of people execute through different methods every day. Ketogenic diet or Keto Diet Plan is one of the effective weight-loss methods which has spread around the world. In the US alone, many diet experts are encouraging their clients to stick to this diet as the keto diet has positive implications on the health.
What to eat on keto diet is still asked by some people who are unaware of this particular weight loss diet. Let’s see what makes ketogenic diet plan effective for weight loss and how should you adopt ketogenic diet in a weekly manner.
Does Keto Make You Lose Weight?
Ketogenic diet reduces the risks of cardiovascular diseases because the diet demands less carbohydrates consumption. In many studies, the ketogenic diet affirmed weight loss mechanisms because of the particular portion of each nutrition. This goes with 70-75% lean protein with 10-15% of fats while only 5% of carbs. With low fat diet vs ketogenic diet, around 13 studies confirmed that taking ketogenic diet is more promising in long term than a low-fat diet. The statistics show individuals on ketogenic diet lost around 2 pounds, more than the group that followed the low-fat diet.
The rapid decrease in weight via keto diet leads to the reduction of Diastolic Blood Pressure along with Triglycerides Levels. The increased amount of ketone bodies followed by keto diet improves insulin sensitivity and manages total blood sugar levels.
What to Eat on Keto Diet?
Shortly, you must start including these in your keto diet plan. The foods listed below will make the most out of your weight loss efforts.
- Meat, poultry, and replacements
- Fish and seafood
- Keto-friendly vegetables
- Fruit and berries
- Nuts and seeds
- Cheese and full-fat dairy
- Fats and sauces
If you are having a hard time managing keto foods in your schedule, here is a fine ketogenic meal plan that will guide you to the course of 1 week.
Keto Diet Plan for One Week
Let’s start with from
In breakfast, you should have tomatoes with veggie or your favorite muffin or egg muffin.
Lunchtime can go with chicken salad infused with olive oil or feta cheese. Plus you can use a side salad.
At dinner, salmon or tuna fish with asparagus or veggies cooked in non-triglyceride fat or butter.
The breakfast for Tuesday must have a spinach omelet or if you can’t find spinach try to make one with tomato, egg, and basil.
Lunchtime Tuesday on the keto diet can work with peanut butter, spinach, stevia milkshake, and cocoa powder. You can also use slices of fruits as a sideline.
At dinner time, you can consume cheese-shell tacos with salsa.
Users are enjoying chia pudding with nut milk involved that has coconut or blackberries at the top.
Lunch would be ideal for avocado and shrimp salad
Dinner, Pork chops with parmesan cheese, broccoli, and salad
Breakfast: Salsa, peppers, omelet with a sideline of avocado and onions.
Lunch: Moderate the quantity of nuts and celery sticks with salsa or guacamole.
Dinner: Stuffed chicken with cream cheese and pesto and a side of zucchini (grilled).
The breakfast should be whole milk yogurt with or without peanut butter or Sugar-free Greek yogurt with berries. s
Lunch you can eat tacos which are ground beef lettuce wrapped with sliced bell peppers.
For dinner on Friday, you can have mixed veggies such as stuffed cauliflower.
Saturday ketogenic breakfast involves cream cheese pancakes with blueberries and a sideline of grilled mushrooms.
Lunch will be small with Zucchini and beet noddle salad
For dinner time you can have white fish but make sure it’s cooked in coconut oil with kale.
Breakfast: Fried eggs with mushroom
Lunch: Low carb sesame chicken and broccoli
Dinner: spaghetti squash Bolognese keto
If you are performing a Shark tank keto diet for the long term, try to switch between vegetables and meats as each type of them provides an almost similar set of nutrition.
What Not to Eat on Keto Diet?
You should try to use these foods very often during a ketogenic diet.
- Soda, fruit juice, ice cream, cake, and candies come under the Sugary Foods list.
- Wheat-based products, rice, cereal, and pasta are some grans and starches that should be eliminated.
- Low-fat products like salad dressing, low-fat mayonnaise.
- Peas, kidney beans, lentils, and chickpeas are those Beans and Legumes that are now allowed during keto diet.
- Sauces and some condiments that should be restricted are honey mustard, barbecue sauce, ketchup, etc.
- Unhealthy and processed vegetable oils
- Drinkables like wine, beer, liquor, and carbonated drinks are now allowed
- Root vegetables and tubers such as sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, etc.
Keto Diet Health Benefits
Keto diet was originated to treat neurological disorders in humans such as epilepsy. Later on, the diet plan was passed by many doctors around the world and after 2000, the diet plan was hugely adopted for weight loss objectives. Studies have shown keto diet has positive effects on our health status.
- Speaking for Heart Diseases, the keto diet is helpful in eradicating the levels of bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
- Keto diet prevents the growth of tumor cells and considered beneficial during cancer treatment.
- Keto diet is useful against Alzheimer’s disease because it stops the progression of neuron-degeneration in humans.
- Ketogenic diet is suitable for brain injuries as the outcomes of traumatic brain injuries can be improved with this.
- Parkinson’s disease and keto diet are related because individuals on keto diet could see their symptoms disappearing after 1 month.
- Ketogenic diet is vigorous for alleviating Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which is by reducing insulin levels.
Keto food list for beginners and experts has been stated above which can be suitable for people of every age. Foods to eat in keto diet could help you lose weight which is not a promise but with the help of regular exercise and a restrictive meal plan, you can shred up to 20 pounds within a month.