Handling customer issues and delivering a seamless customer experience is not a cakewalk. The customer service team has to work hard and deal with numerous challenges. It’s next to impossible to get everything right every time. NovelVox gives a quick solution to 3 significant challenges every customer service team faces day in day out at the contact center.
1. Questions you Can’t Reply
Customers call your contact center in search of answers to their endless queries. Some are easy-peasy but not all. Even after years of experience, agents at times fail to answer some tricky questions. Reasons could be many –
- Shift of agent from one department to the other
- Haven’t been in touch with the issue for a long time
- Unaware of the new updates
These times turn out to be a big challenge for the customer support system. A simple “I don’t know” can make things worse. It can anytime annoy customers further. Here are possible solutions to this problem
- Be honest to the customer and connect them with someone who can help
- Refer to the updated knowledge base for all kinds of queries and even share with customers for higher transparency and clarity of functions. The knowledge base is a universe of information to help agents at every step of the customer journey to make it smooth and memorable.
2. Customer’s Anger
If you are a part of the customer service team, you know how evident customer anger is every day. Although you cannot please every customer, yes, there’s a scope to satisfy most of them. For this, it is necessary to understand the possible reasons for anger
- Confused reply
- Wrong suggestion/ resolution
- Incomplete information by agents
- No reason; it could be just a bad day
- Agent’s behavior
A customer can get angry anytime because of the above reasons or many more. But there’s a solution to every problem and so for handling customer’s anger. Even if you can’t satisfy every caller, you can at least calm them down with the following ways
- Hear your customers. Listening to what they are asking for to suggest the best possible resolution
- Empathize with customers to control their frustration by stepping into their shoes.
- Apologize to your customers even if you are not wrong. Saying sorry is not a big deal but can win your upset customers for life.
- Train agents to handle customers’ calmy.
- Deliver personalized conversation to build a long-term relationship with customers and convert the unsatisfied customers into loyal ones. This is possible only when you have an integrated contact center solution i.e.Cisco finesse agent desktop that displays customer information even before the agent answers the call.
These steps help you diagnose the issue and prevent them from happening again.
3. Increased Call Hold Time
Yet another major challenge faced by contact center is the increased call hold time and reduced call resolution. This is a major reason for customers’ frustration and the most challenging part to deal with it. Here customers have to stay long on hold or repeat concern to every agent to whom the call is transferred. This tedious process makes customers shift to competitors. How to deal with this challenge?
The only solution to this problem is having the best contact center solution. It is not just having the newly launched solution but also offers seamless integration with 3rd party application and industry-specific interface. Some benefits of the advanced solution include
- All customer information displayed on a single screen
- No screen switching
- Interface with only required fields
- Personalized conversation
- Screen switch by IVR inputs
- Easy drag and drop customization
To wrap up, the customer service team has to face numerous challenges; some can be dealt with good behavior and some with great technology.