Unless you’ve been living under a rock in recent months, you’ll have heard all about ChatGPT. The initial coverage on the platform has been mixed, to say the least. Traditional technology users are deeply skeptical of the chatbot and wonder if it’s really a force for good, while others are already pushing the limits as to what can be achieved.
Every industry has taken an interest and gambling is no different, however, its initial use does appear to be limited. Understandably, ChatGPT creators haven’t allowed it to offer gambling tips or proactive betting advice because there would be serious repercussions, but it’s actually a tool which can aid the experience.
More Americans than ever are able to access gambling facilities online with the relaxation of laws and expansion of casino companies, so sportsbooks and online poker (real money) are available to most. These freedoms also bring a renewed need for responsible gambling advice to be more readily available than ever before, and we’ve found that ChatGPT is a valuable resource for this.
Some of the advice may seem like common sense, but there’s some useful advice in here for players who are new to playing online poker for real money. Entering a game with $100 is a reasonable amount for any first-time player, so we asked ChatGPT how it would manage that amount at the real money poker table:
1. Set a budget: Establish a clear bankroll limit before you start to play, and stick to it. Don’t play for more than you can afford to lose.
2. Play within your limits: Don’t be tempted to play higher stakes than you can comfortably afford. Stick to lower-stakes tables and limit yourself to only playing when you have a clear edge over the other players.
3. Don’t bluff too much: Bluffing can be a great way to win pots, but it can also be costly if you do it too often. Be choosy about when you bluff and make sure you have a good chance of winning the pot.
4. Don’t chase losses: If you’re down on your bankroll, don’t be tempted to chase your losses. Take a break and come back when you’re feeling more confident.
5. Stay disciplined: Avoid playing when you’re tired or distracted. Stick to your game plan and don’t be tempted to play hands you wouldn’t normally play.
6. Take your time: Don’t be in a rush to make decisions. Take the time to think through your options and make the best play you can.
There’s more advice and general tips on how to manage your funds and time wisely when playing online casinos from ChatGPT, and we’re pleasantly surprised to see how the technology is already learning and adapting to the industry.